Thursday, April 18, 2013

Wow!! It's Been a While!!

My how life has changed since my last post!!  The last time I wrote, I was running around trying to finish up last minute things before Little Stevie's arrival.  Yes, that's what we call her Little Stevie...short for Little Stevie Wonder.  You should see her head groove!!  LOL  Sometimes she's referred to as Snaggle Tooth, but that's a whole different story.  Back to my original train of thought...life changing.  I was heading into my midwife appointments, buying a few little last minute things that she "needed" (ie. cute gowns), buying a few last minute things that I needed, and trying my hardest to get her to turn and drop.  The closer I got to my due date, the harder I worked to achieve the latter of the before mentioned...and then I saw my due date approach...and then I saw my due date pass.

Let me tell you, it's not exactly exciting to watch your due date go by.  All I could do was think "OMG!!  I don't want to be induced!!  I'm a labor and delivery nurse with a BIRTH PLAN!!!!!"  For those of you unaware....being a nurse pretty much ensures that something is going to go wrong, and having a birth plan is kinda like signing consents for a c-section.  So yeah, I was pretty much the poster child for an induction followed by a stat c-section.  To all of my ob friends...I did NOT sit down and write a formal birth plan...let me repeat...I did NOT write a formal birth plan.  The birth plan was filled in by my midwife and was part of my medical record.  I am happy to report, I did not get induced, nor did I have a c-section!!  Woohoo!!!  The U.S. nurse/birth plan juju did not cross the Pacific Ocean with me!!!! :D :D :D  I had a short and sweet labor followed by the arrival of Little Stevie!!!

Here she is...a couple of hours after birth.

Don't Swaddle My Hands!!!

Here's some more photos of her throughout the past weeks.  You can see how much she's changed and how time really has flown by!!

Snoozing at the birth centre

I'm Getting Sleepy

Pitching a Fit!!

Crashed

Night Night
Since her arrival, we've been pretty busy, to say the least!!  Ben was home to take care of us for a while, and I am so thankful for that.  I got to rest, we got our nursing routine down pat, and we had time to bond before the day to day activities kicked in.  She had her first outing (to the library), has been to the grocery store, to the markets, and she has even made a quick trip to The Base (the mall).  We've embarked on our journey with cloth diapers and wipes.  We've figured out a bath routine...the longer it lasts the happier she is.  We're getting more sleep at night, and she's awake more during the day.  All in all, life is good.

Now that we have somewhat of a schedule, I'll have a little more free time and be back to blogging more frequently.  She's telling me she's ready to eat again, so that's all for now.

I hope everyone is doing great!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover