Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Big Announcement

As you all know, I was a bit far along with my pregnancy when I moved over to New Zealand last December.  Since then, I have been a housewife.  Part of me has been rather content to do this, and another part of me has really been feeling the itch to go back to work.  I have never been out of work for this long, so I'm sure that's part of the pull.  The other part is that I do kinda miss being a nurse.  I know...I know...I only have a baby for so long and I have the rest of my life to work, but I actually enjoy what I do.  I like working with my moms, babies, and their new families, and if I didn't I wouldn't be anxious to get back to them.  That being said...here is my big announcement



I'm starting back to work on Monday.  I had been looking at hospital vacancies, and I saw the opportunity to work in my field.  It isn't something that comes along every day in New Zealand because remember, maternity care is covered by midwives here.  The chance to work with post natal patients came up, and I jumped.  As you can tell by my start date, my interview went well. :)

I was really nervous before my interview.  I kept telling Ben (and anyone that would listen) "I'm so nervous!  I've never interviewed in another country!!"  I'm sure he was thinking "Really?!?  I never would have guessed being that you were born and spent your entire life in Alabama."  Everyone else was probably wishing I would hurry up and interview so I would hush up about it.  I interviews last Tuesday, they checked my references, and I received a job offer.  Oh, yeah, if you think moving to another country makes you exempt from reference checks, You. Are. Wrong.  So, be prepared, and make sure your referees know that they may be contacted by prospective employers.

After I knew I had a job for sure, we had to make arrangements for Stevie.  We had checked out daycare before, but we checked out one more that had previously been full.  We were lucky!!  The center close to work had an opening, so Stevie will be near enough for me to scoot over to nurse on my breaks!  Yay!!  Also, they have no problem using cloth diapers on her and when she starts solids, they make it from fresh veggies!  Double yay!!  Ben isn't thrilled she's going to be away from us, and neither am I, but I am happy we got her into this center.

There you have it...news from my little part of the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover